Boccalatte joins NSW Creative Industries Taskforce
1st June, 2012
Suzanne Boccalatte has been appointed to the NSW Government's Creative Industries Taskforce, a new industry-led body set up to develop strategies to drive growth, innovation and productivity in the creative industries sector.
NSW Deputy Premier and Minister for Trade and Investment Andrew Stoner said Boccalatte’s appointment to the Creative Industries Taskforce will ensure the needs of design are addressed.
“The new Creative Industries Taskforce brings together some of the State’s best talent from a broad range of creative industries fields including film and television, fashion, publishing, the built environment, advertising, design and the performing arts,” Mr Stoner said.
“I am delighted to have Suzanne on the Taskforce – her passion and expertise in graphic design and advertising will be invaluable.
“The taskforce is chaired by Dan Rosen, Chief Executive of the Australian Recording Industry Association, who brings exceptional experience to the taskforce across digital media, law, policy and music.
“This new taskforce will play a critical role, in partnership with Government, in the development of strategies to leverage further our local talent and skills in the creative sector, supporting the long term sustainability of our economy.”
Boccalatte said she was pleased to be appointed to the taskforce, to represent the field of design and contribute to plans for the long term sustainability and growth of the creative industries in NSW.
“It’s an honour to have been invited to sit on the taskforce,” said Suzanne Boccalatte. “I’ve been committed to the creative industries in NSW, both commercially and personally, for more than 20 years. During that time I’ve seen the landscape grow and change immeasurably. I believe the taskforce is an important step for ensuring the creative industries continue to flourish and operate at a world class level”.
The Creative Industries Taskforce will identify industry-led initiatives and Government actions to support the State’s creative industries. A draft report will be released in August, with the final 10-year development strategy, including two year and five year goals, to be presented to the NSW Government by September 2012.
Members of the NSW Creative Industries Taskforce:
· Dan Rosen, Chief Executive Officer, ARIA (Chair)
· Ross de la Motte, Managing Principal, Sydney, Hassell (Built Environment)
· Craig Davis, Co-Chairman and Chief Creative Officer, Australia and New Zealand, Publicis Mojo (Advertising)
· Suzanne Boccalatte, Creative Director, Boccalatte (Design)
· Bob Campbell, Managing Director, Screentime Pty Ltd (Film & TV)
· Robert Gorman, CEO, Allen and Unwin (Publishing)
· Leonie Tyle, Publishing Consultant (Publishing)
· Kate Hurst, Principal Consultant, Hurst & Co. (Fashion)
· Professor Stuart Cunningham, Distinguished Professor of Media and Communications, Queensland University of Technology and Director of the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation (Creative Economy Measurement)
· Patrick McIntyre, General Manager, Sydney Theatre Company (Performing Arts)
Got something to brag about?
Won an award? Got some work your client is particuarly proud of? Maybe you have moved into a lovely new studio space, or just want to share the latest commission you've scored?
AGDA members are invited to submit their news & images for consideration to email@example.com
*please note that when submitting news for publication on this site we do not accept submissions that are deemed to be advertorial, commercially promotional or sponsorship driven.