Expressions of Interest: Small Biz Graphic Design Group Sydney
9th November, 2010 by Adele Taylor
I don't know how may of you out there are running your own design business ... but are facing all sorts of challenges ...
I know I am ... my business (home based) is me ... and I occasionally have a couple of freelancers to help me from time to time ...
My greatest challenge is that
1) I can't go away on long holidays without being missed
2) I suck at invoicing and business admin
3) I got jobs coming out of my ears that I don't spend my time on stuff that really counts ....
4) I get very little sleep cause I've got a young family to juggle on top of running a design business ...
5) I'm too scared to hire staff because I just don't want that responsibility
Anyone in a similar boat?
I'm trying to resolve these issues and I thought maybe I could form a little group that could help each other out in times of need ...
I'm based in Hornsby (sydney) NSW ... Would love to hear some feedback ... Coffee / Tea anyone?
Tell us about it!
We are constantly seeking design information to capture the interests of a wider audience. Blog about anything that provokes discussion, catches your eye, will give other designers a kick.
Since this is a community site, please note that when submitting articles for publication on this site we accept submissions that are not deemed to be advertorial, self-promotional, commercially or sponsorship driven.